Sunday, September 28, 2014

Passion Project Log 1

Well, it's that time of the year again! For my passion project, I'm researching the psychological and neuro-chemical aspects of obsession in humans.  So far, I watched a video detailing what is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and how obsession can be rooted in fear and conditioning as a child. For the next week, I learned the basics of neuroscience, and the various neurotransmitters that relate to behavior and emotion.  These past 2 weeks set the foundation of what I need to know.  I have been using this with myself and my character David from the play David and Lisa.  I noticed that fear is a strong contributor psychologically to obsession.  It also relates to serotonin, relating to depression and anxiety.  As it stands, I think I made good progress in taking on the foundation.  I will be focusing more on fear and how conditioning works for next week and the balances for serotonin to manipulate emotions.  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment